MYTRAK® Privacy & Security
We will not collect any personal information from you unless you voluntarily submit such information to us. Therefore if you do not want us to obtain any personal information about you, do not voluntarily submit such information to us.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
As part of MYTRAK’s commitment to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your personal information we have adopted the personal information privacy principles stated in the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information. These principles form part of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, which establishes rules governing the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information by the private sector. The principles are as follows:
(2) Reason for Collection - MYTRAK collects personal information about its customers, and in some cases potential customers, primarily for the following purposes:
To understand customer fitness and other related needs and objectives and to assist in achieving them;
To determine customer/member eligibility for receiving MYTRAK products and services
To provide customers with web based fitness services;
To process payments;
To process membership service information for use by MYTRAK and MYTRAK partner programs which you have agreed to join;
To invite customer/members to participate in membership surveys or other opinion-gathering devices that assists us in making our service more responsive to your needs; and
To keep customer/members informed of various matters about our products and services which we believe will be of interest.
From time to time we may combine your personal information with that of other individuals to create aggregate data which we will use, for example, but without limitation, to do research, analyze usage trends and generate reports about our products and services. We may also share and disclose aggregate data to other parties for anonymous research, statistical, and analysis purposes.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your express consent or as required or permitted by law.
(3) Consent – Your knowledge and consent are required for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information. By using the services made available on MYTRAK’s website and/or becoming a MYTRAK member, you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for the purposes listed above. You may refuse or withdraw your consent at any time; however if you make this choice we may not be able to provide you with the product, service or information that you requested or that could be offered to you. If you withdraw your consent we will inform you of the implications of such withdrawal. To withdraw your consent, please contact our privacy officers at the addresses provided below and advise them of what personal information you no longer wish us to use.
(4) Limiting Collection – We will limit our collection of your personal information to only those details necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, unless you have otherwise consented.
(6) Accuracy - We will maintain all personal information in our possession in as accurate, complete and up-to-date form as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. To help us keep your personal information up-to-date, we encourage you to notify us of inaccuracies or corrections as often as you wish. Any notification of change or request for correction must be made in writing to one of our privacy officers at the address below.
(7) Safeguards – We will protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration, duplication, destruction or disclosure by employing safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our PCI/CISP certified Webstore uses SSL or “Secure Sockets Layer”,” an industry standard security protocol. When you are asked for certain personal information (such as a credit card number), SSL encrypts it so that no one can read it while it is being transmitted over the Internet. Other information (such as your business name, franchise number where applicable, and address) is safely stored behind a firewall. A firewall is a set of related programs that protects your information from users from other networks. We store this type of information so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you make a purchase or log in.
(8) Openness – Information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information will be made readily available to you on our website, catalogues and upon request.
(9) Access – At your request, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information in our possession and will provide you with any access to the information that you may require. All requests for personal information records and/or questions and concerns about the privacy of your personal information should be directed to MYTRAK’s privacy officers by mail at the addresses below.
(10) Challenging Compliance – If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about your privacy or personal information, please contact us at the addresses below. MYTRAK is pleased to assist you with the resolution of a privacy complaint and our privacy officers will inform you of all existing compliant procedures both internally and externally.
MYTRAK Technologies Inc.
251 Queen Street South
Attn: Customer Privacy Department
You may also direct any questions or concerns about MYTRAK’s privacy practices to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada al the following address:
Privacy Commissioner of Canada
112 Kent Street
Phone: (613) 995-8210
Fax: (613) 947-6850